Apply for a Home
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, handicap, family status or national origin.
To qualify for a Habitat Home you MUST:
- Have a need for decent, safe housing
- Be a Claiborne County resident for the last 12 months
- Be a citizen or legal resident of the United States
- Have acceptable credit and low current debts
- Have a steady and regular work history or a regular means of income, such as Social Secuity or SSI
- Be willing to work at least 500 “Sweat Equity” hours with help from friends and family
- Be able to save $1,600 in the time it takes to build your home to pay for closing costs
- Have not filed for bankruptcy nor had a home foreclosed in the last two years
- Be able to pay approximately $400.00 a month on a 20 year, interest free loan
- You do not qualify for a home loan with a bank or mortgage company
- Income falls within HUD guidelines for your family, as listed below:
2013 INCOME GUIDELINES FOR CLAIBORNE COUNTY
|Family Size||Income More Than||Income Less Than|
If you can answer “yes” to the above questions and your income falls between the above guidelines, we want you to apply for a Habitat home.
Homeownership is a big part of the American dream. At Claiborne County Habitat for Humanity, we are a proud partner with individuals and families who are living in substandard housing conditions who want a safe and comfortable place to call home.
We invite and encourage you to see if you qualify today.Apply Now
Your donations of new building materials or financial donations are welcome. Call us for assistance contacting a restore with Knoxville or another affiliate.
Click Here to schedule a pickup request of large or heavy items. We ask that you please call us to schedule a time to bring donations.Donate Now
When most people think about volunteering for Claiborne County Habitat for Humanity, the image that comes to mind is one of building houses.
Sure, construction is the most visible part of our mission, but we have so many more ways that individuals and groups can give of their time to Claiborne County Habitat for Humanity.Volunteer Now